Urology/High Creatinine Value

Question
Respected Sir,
I am an old man of 67 years.I have some problem of Calf Muscle Pain.I was taking Evion LC(Vitamin E plus Levocartinine).Recently My blood test for Serum Urea -Result-22.7 mg/dl,Serum Creatinine
-Result-1.31 mg/dl(higher than normal),Uric Acid-Result-6.10 mg/dl(higher on the normal side) and CPK (Creatine Kinase)result -253 (should be less than 171 as per laboratory sheet)
I do not know whether CPK level has got any relation with Serun Creatinine.Also whether taking of Levocartinine is justified when Serum Creatinine Level is higher.CPK is probably related to muscle problem.
Please advise for the above mentioned problems

Answer
Kalyan:

These questions should be directed to a nephrologist, however I will try to answer part of it.  Don't get too concerned about what may appear to be higher than normal levels.  Some are important and others less so.

For example, a creatinine of 1.31 is still well within an acceptable range.  We typically don't get concerned until the creatinine is over 1.8 or 2.  Talk to your personal physician about these questions.

Urology

Stephen W. Leslie, MD