Urology/High Creatinine Value

Respected Sir,
I am an old man of 67 years.I have some problem of Calf Muscle Pain.I was taking Evion LC(Vitamin E plus Levocartinine).Recently My blood test for Serum Urea -Result-22.7 mg/dl,Serum Creatinine
-Result-1.31 mg/dl(higher than normal),Uric Acid-Result-6.10 mg/dl(higher on the normal side) and CPK (Creatine Kinase)result -253 (should be less than 171 as per laboratory sheet)
I do not know whether CPK level has got any relation with Serun Creatinine.Also whether taking of Levocartinine is justified when Serum Creatinine Level is higher.CPK is probably related to muscle problem.
Please advise for the above mentioned problems

These questions should be directed to a nephrologist, however I will try to answer part of it.  Don't get too concerned about what may appear to be higher than normal levels.  Some are important and others less so.

For example, a creatinine of 1.31 is still well within an acceptable range.  We typically don't get concerned until the creatinine is over 1.8 or 2.  Talk to your personal physician about these questions.

Stephen W. Leslie, MD

Questions concerning erectile dysfunction, kidney stones and prostate disorders including prostate cancer. I have a special interest in kidney stone disease prevention.

Full time practicing urologist with 30 years experience. Associate Professor of Surgery and Chief of Urology at Creighton University Medical Center. Editor in Chief of eMedicine Urology internet textbook. Author of only NIH approved book written for patients by a urologist on the subject of kidney stones "The Kidney Stones Handbook". Inventor of the "Parachute" and "Escape" kidney stone baskets and the "Calculus" stone prevention analysis computer program.

American Urological Association, Ohio State Medical Association, Sexual Medicine Society

Men's Health, Journal of Urology, Urology, Healthwatch Magazine, Emergency Medicine Monthly, eMedicine, "The Kidney Stones Handbook", and numerous articles in various newspapers. He is also the editor of the Urology Board Review by McGraw-Hill used by urologists to study for their Board Certification Examinations.

Graduate of New York Medical College with residencies completed at Metropolitan Hospital New York, Albany Medical Center and University of Wisconsin-Madison.

Thirlby Award of the American Urological Association. Rated as one the country's Best Urologists by the Independent Consumer's Research Institute