Urology/Orchitis and Epididymitis - Some questions

Question
Hi. I started feeling some pain in my left testis 6 days ago. The day after, it was much better, and I forgot about it. The day after (4 days ago), it came back. I went to the doctor and was diagnosed with orchitis and epididymitis. The left testis started to swell. I started medicating that same day, and I'm on the fourth day of my treatment with Cipro. Yesterday, my right testis became swollen as well. The entire scrotum is now swollen, but the pain is getting better. If I stay in my bed the entire day, it doesn't hurt at all. It only hurts when I walk or sit for some minutes.

However, I'm still very worried. I need to know about these questions, which I forgot (actually, was embarrassed) to ask my doctor:

1) Can I become infertile after this?
2) Can I have erectile dysfunction for the rest of my life because of this?
3) Can I ejaculate while still in treatment? I don't feel any pain while urinating. Does this means that I will not feel any pain while ejaculating, or maybe I will? Will it be very bad for my treatment if I do this?

Answer
Sergio:

Yes, if epididymitis affects both testicles, it can cause infertility by blocking sperm passage.

It is also possible to have ED afterwards, but this would be extremely rare and unusual.

Ejaculation is still possible during treatment.

Just because you have no pain during urination does not necessarily mean that ejaculation will be painless.

Ejaculation is not likely to cause any significant harm to the treatment at this point.

Urology

Stephen W. Leslie, MD