Urology/problem after uretroscopy

Sir; around 20 days back I have to undegone urteroscopy procedure.everythng was ok but now from last 3 days there is continously bleeding in urine and am feeling mild pain below my right kidney.Double J stent still not been removed.I consulted my Dr.but he told there is no need of worry.I am scared as its continously bleeding in urine.What should I do....

After ureteroscopic surgery, it is very common to have blood in the urine from the instrumentation and the stent.  It only takes a small amount of blood to make the urine look very red.  If the bleeding is getting worse, contact your physician.

Stephen W. Leslie, MD

Questions concerning erectile dysfunction, kidney stones and prostate disorders including prostate cancer. I have a special interest in kidney stone disease prevention.

Full time practicing urologist with 30 years experience. Associate Professor of Surgery and Chief of Urology at Creighton University Medical Center. Editor in Chief of eMedicine Urology internet textbook. Author of only NIH approved book written for patients by a urologist on the subject of kidney stones "The Kidney Stones Handbook". Inventor of the "Parachute" and "Escape" kidney stone baskets and the "Calculus" stone prevention analysis computer program.

American Urological Association, Ohio State Medical Association, Sexual Medicine Society

Men's Health, Journal of Urology, Urology, Healthwatch Magazine, Emergency Medicine Monthly, eMedicine, "The Kidney Stones Handbook", and numerous articles in various newspapers. He is also the editor of the Urology Board Review by McGraw-Hill used by urologists to study for their Board Certification Examinations.

Graduate of New York Medical College with residencies completed at Metropolitan Hospital New York, Albany Medical Center and University of Wisconsin-Madison.

Thirlby Award of the American Urological Association. Rated as one the country's Best Urologists by the Independent Consumer's Research Institute