Urology/Clots during urination

Question
I am 77 yrs old,had prostate seeds implanted in 2010 & radiation therapy. I am experiencing clots coming out during urination.The clots are sometimes an inch long in erratic shapes along with red color from blood. After elimination my urine is back to normal color until the clots appear the next time I urinate. I am on blood pressure medication as well as Tamsulosin, furosemide,warfarin. Could these medications be causing the clots? Is there any medication to clear up the situation. I've had a few cystoscopys and go to a urologist. Any suggestions

Thank You

Answer
Ray:

The combination of radiation therapy and a blood thinner like warfarin often causes bleeding.  The best thing to do is to temporarily stop the warfarin while you are bleeding and contact your urologist for more instructions based on your individual situation.  There is no medication specifically designed and approved to stop urinary bleeding.

Urology

Stephen W. Leslie, MD