Urology/Discomfort when urinating

Question
img1
img1  

img2
img2  
Hello,

Since I was 19, I've had an issue to where sometimes I'll get a burn at the end of urination, and it lingers. I've been to several urologist, and most of them tell me everything looks normal, or that it's prostatitis. I noticed that when this occurred, these little white balls, or pieces appear in my urethra. If I get them with my finger, they turn powder-like. I told my last urologist about this, and he said it's probably debris. What kind of debris could this be? It's much whiter than sperm.

I've never been able to show a doctor these particles, as it never happens while I'm there. I gave a urine sample one time, and as it settled, the bottom(maybe 1/4?) turned white. I was again told this was probably debris, as nothing showed up in the test.

Recently, I was using the restroom, and I happened to look down and notice that where my urine was hitting the toilet, there was a trail of these little white things, all the way down to the bottom of the toilet. I'm certain it's the same thing because, when I tried to collect them, they dissolved into the water. I took a photo of them, but it's kind of hard to see. More to the left in the photo, is what they look like. The bigger clumps are just a bunch of the smaller ones together, but my camera makes them look like 1 clump. If you look to the right, where the toilet flattens, towards the top of the flat part(where it darkens a little), you can see where they were kind of piling up. Now that I was conscious of it, I noticed it for much of the rest of that evening. What could this be? Do you think this is enough to take to a doctor? They're kind of hard to see. The 2nd shot is of another time.

Answer
Darryl:

Whitish debris or particles in the urine are usually calcium phosphate.  If they can be collected, it can be tested to verify.  Usually, this is not a big issue, but it can indicate that the bladder may not be emptying completely.  You should ask your urologist aboiut this.

The images are not clear enough to see any particles.

Urology

Stephen W. Leslie, MD