Urology/ED after Masturbating Prone

Question
QUESTION: I don't usually masturbate in prone position, i do it very rarely. 6 months back when i did, i applied too much pressure against my bed, and i started to have problems in my erection after that incident. The First thing i noticed after the incident was deflated glans, weak erections, Frequent Urination and Premature Ejaculation. I went to a doctor, he gave me vitamin pills, two pills a day. I felt like i was getting better after a week. After a week, i accidentally did prone masturbation again when i had my early morning erection, i had a painful ejaculation. After half an hour, my penis shaft went numb, shaft became hard, even when it's in flaccid state and Now I cant lift my penis without my hand. I get my morning erection rarely, but still the quality of the erection is really weak. If I try to stand after getting an erection, i lose my erection within 10-15 seconds.

Went to another Urologist last month, he prescribed cialis 10mg for a month, for once in 3 days. I still dont see noticeable improvement in my condition. Its been almost a month, i got my morning erection last. I feel like Corpus Spongiosium part of my penis is really weak. It never bulges when i have my erection like in the past.

I did a Doppler Ultra sound scan meanwhile.. they said there is no any venous insufficiency.  

I think i made some permanent physical damage.. Please help me..

ANSWER: Athi:

The corpus spongiosum does not normally become hard during erections.  It's designed this way to protect the female partner from harm.

Use of cialis the way that your physician described will help with blood flow and oxygenation.  Over time, this will help restore function.

I have no idea what kind of damage or injury you may have caused, but time and the use of agents like cialis are our best treatments right now.  Follow the advice of your local urologist.

QUESTION: Thank you for your quick response.. I still have some issues bugging me.

- Corpus Spongiosum Doesn't get hard, but when I was normal, Corpus Spongiosum usually protrudes, i could feel a bulge under my penis, which i dont have now a days. I feel this is the reason my glans are also soft/deflated.

- And i cant lift my penis without the use of my hands, Have I damaged my Suspensory ligament or something similar ? Can it be fixed by undergoing surgery ?

- I still dont get spontaneous and hard erections even after using cialis for almost a month (my problem started 7 months back).. I don't get my morning erections either. Sometimes I notice my penis swells instead of getting erect when i feel like getting an erection.

Thank you for your patience.

Answer
Athi:

You were probably not feeling the actual corpus spongiosum getting hard, just the corpus cavernosus underneath it pushing from below and inside.

"Lifting" of the penis is a function of the suspensory ligament as well as the rigidity produced from the corpora.  If this is missing, we do not usually attempt any fixing as this is not always successful and there is a signficant risk of interfering with erectile rigidity and penile sensation.  In other words, the risks far outweigh any benefits so we don't perform surgery for this purpose.

Hopefully your erectile function will return with time.  Good luck.

Urology

Stephen W. Leslie, MD