Urology/My sisters Kidneys

Hello and thank you in advance
My sister is 65 year old and for years has suffered renal colic The doctors always said her kidney blood tests were ok or at least said nothing about her kidneys. Last year a Doctor told her that her Creatnine  was 145 normal is between 45 to 90;  here Australia  her eGfR was only 33 levels should be over 59, She cannot understand what is wrong with her, she is a non drinker. Does this mean she has kidney disease and could it be caused by low Viatamin D what else could these readings indicate she has no edema and is on meds for blood pressure
Your help would be appreciated

There is not enough information provided to indicate exactly what her problem is.  The slightly low GFR and increased creatinine indicates some degree of renal disease, but it's not specific.  There is no indication of the nature or cause of the renal colic.  Renal disease is not the result of low Vitamin D; rather the renal disease is most likely the cause of the low Vitamin D.

She should see a nephrologist for the renal disease and a urologist to look at the cause of her renal colic.

Stephen W. Leslie, MD

Questions concerning erectile dysfunction, kidney stones and prostate disorders including prostate cancer. I have a special interest in kidney stone disease prevention.

Full time practicing urologist with 30 years experience. Associate Professor of Surgery and Chief of Urology at Creighton University Medical Center. Editor in Chief of eMedicine Urology internet textbook. Author of only NIH approved book written for patients by a urologist on the subject of kidney stones "The Kidney Stones Handbook". Inventor of the "Parachute" and "Escape" kidney stone baskets and the "Calculus" stone prevention analysis computer program.

American Urological Association, Ohio State Medical Association, Sexual Medicine Society

Men's Health, Journal of Urology, Urology, Healthwatch Magazine, Emergency Medicine Monthly, eMedicine, "The Kidney Stones Handbook", and numerous articles in various newspapers. He is also the editor of the Urology Board Review by McGraw-Hill used by urologists to study for their Board Certification Examinations.

Graduate of New York Medical College with residencies completed at Metropolitan Hospital New York, Albany Medical Center and University of Wisconsin-Madison.

Thirlby Award of the American Urological Association. Rated as one the country's Best Urologists by the Independent Consumer's Research Institute