Urology/urination problems

I urinate 30 times a day and drink 7 glasses of water.can this much urination cause hypenatemia.should I increase my sodium.could urinating this much aggreviate bladder

Urinating alot does not by itself cause hyponatremia or hypernatremia and you certainly should not increase your sodium intake unless your physician instructs you to.  Urination at 30 times a day is clearly abnormal regardless of how much water you drink.  I suggest you do a voiding diary where for 24 hours you write down how much you void in mL and the time.  If the 24 hour total urine is much over 2000 mL, your urinary volume may be too high.  If the volume is less than 2000 mL, you could have an overactive bladder or prostate issue.  Check with your local physician for more specific details about your particular case.  

Stephen W. Leslie, MD

Questions concerning erectile dysfunction, kidney stones and prostate disorders including prostate cancer. I have a special interest in kidney stone disease prevention.

Full time practicing urologist with 30 years experience. Associate Professor of Surgery and Chief of Urology at Creighton University Medical Center. Editor in Chief of eMedicine Urology internet textbook. Author of only NIH approved book written for patients by a urologist on the subject of kidney stones "The Kidney Stones Handbook". Inventor of the "Parachute" and "Escape" kidney stone baskets and the "Calculus" stone prevention analysis computer program.

American Urological Association, Ohio State Medical Association, Sexual Medicine Society

Men's Health, Journal of Urology, Urology, Healthwatch Magazine, Emergency Medicine Monthly, eMedicine, "The Kidney Stones Handbook", and numerous articles in various newspapers. He is also the editor of the Urology Board Review by McGraw-Hill used by urologists to study for their Board Certification Examinations.

Graduate of New York Medical College with residencies completed at Metropolitan Hospital New York, Albany Medical Center and University of Wisconsin-Madison.

Thirlby Award of the American Urological Association. Rated as one the country's Best Urologists by the Independent Consumer's Research Institute