Urology/curvature of penice

i have a curvature during errection to leftward.will it effect for my life and me 21 years old.what is the possible curvature according to the sexlife ,what are precuations over the curvature.will it effect for the

The most common cause of curvature is Peyronie's disease which is a condition caused by scarring of the wall of part of the erection body which restricts its ability to stretch. Since the other side expands fully, this cuases the erect penis to curve.

In severe cases, surgery can be done to straighten the penis.  Non-surgical treatments have not been very successful.  Avoid vitamin E, colchicine and potaba as they have been shown not to work.  A series of Verapamil penile injections into the scar tissue or plaque are current used and it appears that this helps some people.  Oral medications like trental are thought to help reduce scarring.  There has also been some reports of the use of a penis extender used under medical supervision to help with the degree of the curvature.

You should contact a local urologist to determine the exact nature of your curvature problem and the best treatment.

Stephen W. Leslie, MD

Questions concerning erectile dysfunction, kidney stones and prostate disorders including prostate cancer. I have a special interest in kidney stone disease prevention.

Full time practicing urologist with 30 years experience. Associate Professor of Surgery and Chief of Urology at Creighton University Medical Center. Editor in Chief of eMedicine Urology internet textbook. Author of only NIH approved book written for patients by a urologist on the subject of kidney stones "The Kidney Stones Handbook". Inventor of the "Parachute" and "Escape" kidney stone baskets and the "Calculus" stone prevention analysis computer program.

American Urological Association, Ohio State Medical Association, Sexual Medicine Society

Men's Health, Journal of Urology, Urology, Healthwatch Magazine, Emergency Medicine Monthly, eMedicine, "The Kidney Stones Handbook", and numerous articles in various newspapers. He is also the editor of the Urology Board Review by McGraw-Hill used by urologists to study for their Board Certification Examinations.

Graduate of New York Medical College with residencies completed at Metropolitan Hospital New York, Albany Medical Center and University of Wisconsin-Madison.

Thirlby Award of the American Urological Association. Rated as one the country's Best Urologists by the Independent Consumer's Research Institute