Urology/Pain, tightness, and strange feeling when ejaculating

Question
I am so glad to have found this website, hope you can help me with the problem I am having.

For about 2 months whenever I masturbate just prior to and during ejaculation/orgasm I feel what I would describe as internal tightness in my penis along with mild/moderate pain especially during the contractions as I climax. Simultaneously I am feeling a strange feeling which feels like my veins are becoming enlarged as I ejaculate. It is very odd because it feels external to my penis in other words I am feeling it on the palm of my hand which is why I am assuming it is a protruding/enlarged vein or veins. Nothing appears different on my penis visually I should add. At the same time that this problem began I also feel minimal sensation while masturbating prior to orgasm and my penis sometimes has even felt somewhat numb. I am 29 yrs old, circumcised, and have never had sex due to reasons I won't go into here. I am also apparently multi-orgasmic and typically when I masturbate for the past 10 years or so I masturbate in "sessions" around once or twice a week at most where I orgasm usually 5-7 times in a 30-45 minute time period. Two more pieces of info to help out: I visited a doctor earlier this month and my urine results came back clean; doctor said he wasn't sure what the problem is and I left very distraught.

Thank you so much for any advice,
Robert

Answer
Robert:

The most common cause of symptoms such as you describe is prostatitis.  You may need to consult a urologist to confirm the diagnosis.  Here is some general info on prostatitis treatments:

Typical Treatments for Prostatitis Include:
Avoid caffeine which irritates the prostate and bladder.
Hot sitz baths.  Sitting in a very hot tub for 10 minutes really seems to reduce pelvic pain, inflammation and discomfort.  We recommend twice or even three times a day for severe cases or flare-ups, but at least once a day for most prostatitis patients.
Avoid hot spices which tend to irritate the prostate.
Avoid sitting on hard surface; use an inflatable donut to spread the pressure away from the prostate.
Use NSAIDs like ibuprofen (Motrin, Advil) or naprosyn (Aleve) to help reduce discomfort and inflammation.
Antibiotics as prescribed by your physician.  Typically, at least 4-6 weeks minimum is required.
Alpha blocker medications such as tamsulosin and alfuzosin will help relax muscle tension in the prostate and improve urinary flow.
Avoid high potassium foods that some people are sensitive to and which can be irritating.
Less alcohol and smoking.
Use quercetin which is a natural anti-inflammatory herbal supplement that has been shown to help reduce inflammation in the prostate.

Urology

Stephen W. Leslie, MD