Urology/Curvature of penis

Sir, i am 27 years old boy. I have a problem in my penis. My penis is curved in righ hand side (shape like as banana). It is normal in other conditios, it is eract normally and am not feeling during eraction. I have only a problm about curvature of penis.  my marriage is going soon. So am worried about my sexual life. I had not sex yet before. So please advice me about my problem.

Dear Raj,

The likely diagnosis is called "congenital penile curvature".  Assuming this is the diagnosis (as I can not be definitive without being able to see and examine you), the cause is one side of the penis growing longer than the other prior to birth.  The best treatment is a surgery called plication where the long side is shortened just enough to straighten the penis.  This is a surgery best done by an expert who only does male reconstructive Urology.  Certainly a penis with disabling curvature can be straightened if the surgery is properly performed.

Joel Gelman, M.D.

Urethral Stricture Disease, Peyronie's Disease and disorders of penile curvature, Erectile Dysfunction with a focus on penile implant surgery, Male Incontinence, Hypospadias

Dr. Gelman is a Board Certified Fellowship Trained expert in Male Reconstructive Urology and the Director of the Center for Reconstructive Urology in the Department of Urology at UC, Irvine Medical Center.

American Urologic Association Society of GU Reconstructive Surgeons (Board of Directors) International Sexual Medicine Society Western Section, Americal Urological Association

Journal of Urology Urology Journal of Endourology

Residency in Urology, UCLA, completed 1995 Fellowship in GU Reconstruction, Devine Center, completed 1997

The Center for Reconstructive Urology is a regional, national, and international Tertiary Referral Center for urethral stricture disease, penile curvature, erectile dysfunction, male incontinence, and other surgical disorders of the male urethra and penis. Patients have travelled from 24 different states and other countries to receive care at the Center for Reconstructive Urology. More information can be found at