Urology/Mild hydrocele reoccur

I am 30 years old, I am having mild hydrocele.I went to the uroloist he said it is fine now.Later on after 8 years you will have have an Surgery when hydrocele grows..After Surgery i can live normal,there is complications.I have heard Hydrocele reoccur.After 1 or 2 years it reoccur. Then i have to do Surgery again.Then my life will be normal,Or after surgery hydrocele finishes.

It is extremely unlikely for a hydrocele to recur after surgery.  However, it is possible to develop one on the opposite side.  Any surgery can develop problems with pain, swelling, bleeding, pain or infection.  We typically recommend hydrocele surgery when the hydrocele becomes large enough to cause discomfort.

Stephen W. Leslie, MD

Questions concerning erectile dysfunction, kidney stones and prostate disorders including prostate cancer. I have a special interest in kidney stone disease prevention.

Full time practicing urologist with 30 years experience. Associate Professor of Surgery and Chief of Urology at Creighton University Medical Center. Editor in Chief of eMedicine Urology internet textbook. Author of only NIH approved book written for patients by a urologist on the subject of kidney stones "The Kidney Stones Handbook". Inventor of the "Parachute" and "Escape" kidney stone baskets and the "Calculus" stone prevention analysis computer program.

American Urological Association, Ohio State Medical Association, Sexual Medicine Society

Men's Health, Journal of Urology, Urology, Healthwatch Magazine, Emergency Medicine Monthly, eMedicine, "The Kidney Stones Handbook", and numerous articles in various newspapers. He is also the editor of the Urology Board Review by McGraw-Hill used by urologists to study for their Board Certification Examinations.

Graduate of New York Medical College with residencies completed at Metropolitan Hospital New York, Albany Medical Center and University of Wisconsin-Madison.

Thirlby Award of the American Urological Association. Rated as one the country's Best Urologists by the Independent Consumer's Research Institute