Urology/Pelviectasis

Question
Hello

I had an ultrasound one year ago which was normal. I had a recent ultrasound which showed mild to moderate right pelviectasis and dilated utereopelvis. My blood work is all normal. I am going for a follow up ultrasound. I am not able to find any information online about this condition. Is this something to be worried about?  I did have a recent uti which was odd because I don't normally get them. I am a 35 year old female with no other health issues.
Thank you

Answer
Kathy

Pelviectasis means dilation of the renal pelvis.  This could be from a stone, reflux or obstruction. Or it could be nothing. If your next ultrasound is still abnormal, you will probably need to see a urologist to make a more definitive diagnosis.

Urology

Stephen W. Leslie, MD