Urology/Redness Foreskin and Glans

Question
no erection
no erection  

erection
erection  
Good morning
I'm a guy of 22 years old. After redness and itch of foreskin and glans i went to the doctor and he gave me an antifungi cream with cortison for a week and after that, two weeks of antifungi cream only. It seemed ok but after 3 days that i finished the cream the redness came back. So i contacted the doctor and he told me to start again for two weeks with the antifungi cream. After 10 days the redness of the glans disappear but i still have redness on the foreskin and i don't want to start again as before. I would like inform you that everithing started after an antibiotic therapy. Do you think that a need to start with antibiotics? I would say that i'm using a soap with ph 3.5 and in two weeks i had twice peeling. thanks

Answer
Michael:

The fact that this responded to the antifungal cream suggests that its a fungal infection.  Fungal infections often get worse after antibiotics, so starting an antibiotic now may not be a good idea.  Since this is getting complicated, you might want to get an opinion from a dermatologist as they are the experts on skin lesions even on the penis.

Urology

Stephen W. Leslie, MD