Urology/semen issue

Thank you for reading my query!

I am 32 year male with Asian background living in United Kingdom.

I notice that some form of semen or thick fluid always stays in urethra and when I squeeze/press my penis little bit "less than a drop" comes out as well.

I researched a bit and many say that when they pass urine, some semen drops come afterwards. Mine is the same but with me some semen always remain in urethera. It never goes with passing urine.

I have this issue from past 3/4 years but recently it has increased.

Some of my friends suggested that it may be due not ejaculating regularly but I do have sex every 2/3 weeks.

Some also suggested that I should use "prostate massager". Can you please tell me if I should use it?

Can you please suggest me what is my illness and what can I do to cure this please?

Thank you in advance!

You do not have any illness and the fluid is not semen; just some prostatic secretions. This is normal as the inter alia spbincter closes although it rarely becomes an issue.  More frequent ejaculations can help. Check with your physician just to be sure.

Stephen W. Leslie, MD

Questions concerning erectile dysfunction, kidney stones and prostate disorders including prostate cancer. I have a special interest in kidney stone disease prevention.

Full time practicing urologist with 30 years experience. Associate Professor of Surgery and Chief of Urology at Creighton University Medical Center. Editor in Chief of eMedicine Urology internet textbook. Author of only NIH approved book written for patients by a urologist on the subject of kidney stones "The Kidney Stones Handbook". Inventor of the "Parachute" and "Escape" kidney stone baskets and the "Calculus" stone prevention analysis computer program.

American Urological Association, Ohio State Medical Association, Sexual Medicine Society

Men's Health, Journal of Urology, Urology, Healthwatch Magazine, Emergency Medicine Monthly, eMedicine, "The Kidney Stones Handbook", and numerous articles in various newspapers. He is also the editor of the Urology Board Review by McGraw-Hill used by urologists to study for their Board Certification Examinations.

Graduate of New York Medical College with residencies completed at Metropolitan Hospital New York, Albany Medical Center and University of Wisconsin-Madison.

Thirlby Award of the American Urological Association. Rated as one the country's Best Urologists by the Independent Consumer's Research Institute