Urology/Spermatic cord stripping

Question
Good morning Doctor, thank you for taking the time to answer my question. I had a spermatic cord stripping procedure performed on April 20 as a treatment for chronic epididymitis. While the surgery has lessened the original pain, it has caused me issues that I did not have before. I can feel an incredibly bothersome "patch of numbness" on my inner thigh that I did not have before. In addition, I feel a very bothersome sensation at the top of my scrotum that runs down to the skin underneath the testicle. I did not have any of this before the surgery, so I assume this is due to the nerves being cut. Am I stuck like this for life now? I am very bothered by these new symptoms. Thank you Doctor.

Answer
Tyler

The area.of numbness you described corresponds to the area covered by the ilioinguinal nerve that normally runs along the spermatic.cord. It.was.probably injured during the surgery. Recovery is remotely possible but unlikely. Confirm this with your surgeon.

Urology

Stephen W. Leslie, MD