Urology/Urethrocutaneous fistula/split glans

Question
I'm a 30-something male, with distal hypospadias repair at age 4, using foreskin. Repair has left me with a minor urethral fistula, and a split glans, with the reconstructed urethral opening just below underneath. No problems with ejaculation, with urination, I have to cover the fistula with a finger to prevent drops of urine from dribbling out. My main concern is aesthetic appearance and also size (4.5").

Is surgery to close the fistula and attempt to restore normal appearance of the penis feasible at my age? Is any kind of enlargement possible?

Answer
Regarding size, penile enlargement surgery does not enlarge the penis in a normal way, and can be associated with very serious complications.  Beware!  Regarding your minor fistula, certainly this can be repaired.  My advice is that you see a Urologist with expertise in this surgery.  I believe that a doctor with the most expertise is an experienced Fellowship trained Urologist whose practice is 100% male urethral and penile surgery and not a Urologist who is an expert in male urethral and penile surgery and U, V, W, X, Y, and Z.  Which surgery would be best after prior surgery is best assessed with a physical exam.  Then, you should be counseled regarding the risks of surgery and what you should expect as the likely result so you can best decide whether to have surgery or not.   best of luck.  

Urology

Joel Gelman, M.D.