Urology/Weak/nonexistent erections. Bad corpus spongiosum?

Hello, I have lately been having some issues with my erections, which i hope aren't too serious. I'll do my best to explain with as much detail as possible, so here goes. 6 days ago, thursday june 4th, I accidentally bent my morning erection in my pants, and i believe feeling some slight discomfort, which is always felt when the erect penis is being bent, but no aggravating pain. I woke up later, my erection was gone, which i found odd as i had not relieved myself. I brushed this off, but during the day realized something: I could no longer get erections. This started to freak me out, and as a result i think the mental worrying caused my libido to drop as well. As of sunday, I was able to achieve weak erections, around maybe 20% though most of these were involuntary and happened in the morning. Today, I woke up with one of those erections, though a bit stronger at maybe 40% but the second i stood up I lost it. I read online that losing erections especially while standing has to do with a damaged corpus spongiosum, so i decided to experiment. Laying down, I aimed to make sure the problem was not in my head by repeatedly telling myself I had no problems and my penis worked fine. After a while doing this and a bit of gentle strokes, I got moderately erect, to my amazement. To test the corpus spongiosum theory, i pressed on the underside of the shaft, and it indeed did feel softer than I ever remembered, especially towards the top. I then tried standing, and sure enough my erection immediately went away. I did this about three times to make sure, and it happened each time. I am now wondering If i indeed do i have a corpus spongiosum injury which i've read can take years to heal. Is this really my problem? Is there something I can do to check what's really wrong? I'm only 17, I am not sexually active, nor do I use any type of penis enlargement exercises. This happened in my sleep and was an accident.

The corpus spongiosum has no real role in erections.  It remains flaccid all the time as protection for the partner.

Loss of erections when standing is usually due to vascular shunting as blood has to go to the legs and thighs instead of the penis.

I doubt you have any permanent or signicant injury other than anxiety.  If the problem continues, talk to your personal physician.

Stephen W. Leslie, MD

Questions concerning erectile dysfunction, kidney stones and prostate disorders including prostate cancer. I have a special interest in kidney stone disease prevention.

Full time practicing urologist with 30 years experience. Associate Professor of Surgery and Chief of Urology at Creighton University Medical Center. Editor in Chief of eMedicine Urology internet textbook. Author of only NIH approved book written for patients by a urologist on the subject of kidney stones "The Kidney Stones Handbook". Inventor of the "Parachute" and "Escape" kidney stone baskets and the "Calculus" stone prevention analysis computer program.

American Urological Association, Ohio State Medical Association, Sexual Medicine Society

Men's Health, Journal of Urology, Urology, Healthwatch Magazine, Emergency Medicine Monthly, eMedicine, "The Kidney Stones Handbook", and numerous articles in various newspapers. He is also the editor of the Urology Board Review by McGraw-Hill used by urologists to study for their Board Certification Examinations.

Graduate of New York Medical College with residencies completed at Metropolitan Hospital New York, Albany Medical Center and University of Wisconsin-Madison.

Thirlby Award of the American Urological Association. Rated as one the country's Best Urologists by the Independent Consumer's Research Institute