You are here:

Urology/No sensation on penis


Hello Doctor,
         I am 34 years old Indian male. I have been married for 5 years.Lately whenever I try to have an intercourse,I have noticed that I have no sensation on penis afer insertion,so I pretty much feel tensed and lose my erection and that again makes me worried for the next chance.I do have sensation when I masterbate so I do not know what could be the reason.Moreover wife is not much interested in sex anyway and there is not much of a foreplay either.For this she is alreay seeing a gynac.But that had not caused me this trouble earlier.I did have this issue 3-4 years back once in a while. I was prescribed arcalion tab from my doc.Is there any gel/cream to increase the sensitivity?


This type of situational decrease in sensation is often psychological in nature.  There is no standard medical therapy to "increase sensitivity or sensation in the penis".  Arcalion is basically vitamin B-1 which also has no proven benefit but is thought to possibly help.  There is no cream or lotion available that will do what you want.


All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Stephen W. Leslie, MD


Questions concerning erectile dysfunction, kidney stones and prostate disorders including prostate cancer. I have a special interest in kidney stone disease prevention.


Full time practicing urologist with 30 years experience. Associate Professor of Surgery and Chief of Urology at Creighton University Medical Center. Editor in Chief of eMedicine Urology internet textbook. Author of only NIH approved book written for patients by a urologist on the subject of kidney stones "The Kidney Stones Handbook". Inventor of the "Parachute" and "Escape" kidney stone baskets and the "Calculus" stone prevention analysis computer program.

American Urological Association, Ohio State Medical Association, Sexual Medicine Society

Men's Health, Journal of Urology, Urology, Healthwatch Magazine, Emergency Medicine Monthly, eMedicine, "The Kidney Stones Handbook", and numerous articles in various newspapers. He is also the editor of the Urology Board Review by McGraw-Hill used by urologists to study for their Board Certification Examinations.

Graduate of New York Medical College with residencies completed at Metropolitan Hospital New York, Albany Medical Center and University of Wisconsin-Madison.

Awards and Honors
Thirlby Award of the American Urological Association. Rated as one the country's Best Urologists by the Independent Consumer's Research Institute

©2017 All rights reserved.