Urology/Swelling/extra skin on left underside of penis

Question
Hi, I'm a 28 year old male and I'm experiencing some slight swelling/extra skin on the left underside of my penis near the frenulum. I first noticed it about a month ago after intercourse with my gf and although the swelling has gone down substantially, I still have slight swelling as well as loose extra skin. I have no pain to the touch, no urination or ejaculation problems, and no visible bumps or marks. I am also std free. I went to the doctor about 2 weeks ago, and although he didn't seem overly concerned, he didn't really give me any answers and I don't know where else to go. Could I have damaged any vital parts in this area? Will this go away? Will the excess skin become tight again and is there anything I can do to speed up the process? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Answer
Mark:

It's difficult to make any reliable diagnosis based only on your brief description.  You probably developed some swelling or edema from irritation or inflammation related to intercourse.  If so, this will go away with time.  If it persists or becomes painful or inflammed, check with a urologist.

Urology

Stephen W. Leslie, MD