Urology/Testicle pain

Hi I am having testical pain and my testicle pulls up during ejaculation. When my right testicle pulls up when I ejaculate it hurts. It pulls up into the pelvic area. I have to push it back down. What could cause this. I also have pain in my testicles daily. My testosterone was checked and it is normal. What can I do to make them not as painful. Thanks.

You will need to see a urologist. The testicle is brought up by the cremasteric muscle and other connections in the groin. This can only be fixed surgically. A scrotal ultrasound may be requested to make sure there are no other problems causing your pain.

Stephen W. Leslie, MD

Questions concerning erectile dysfunction, kidney stones and prostate disorders including prostate cancer. I have a special interest in kidney stone disease prevention.

Full time practicing urologist with 30 years experience. Associate Professor of Surgery and Chief of Urology at Creighton University Medical Center. Editor in Chief of eMedicine Urology internet textbook. Author of only NIH approved book written for patients by a urologist on the subject of kidney stones "The Kidney Stones Handbook". Inventor of the "Parachute" and "Escape" kidney stone baskets and the "Calculus" stone prevention analysis computer program.

American Urological Association, Ohio State Medical Association, Sexual Medicine Society

Men's Health, Journal of Urology, Urology, Healthwatch Magazine, Emergency Medicine Monthly, eMedicine, "The Kidney Stones Handbook", and numerous articles in various newspapers. He is also the editor of the Urology Board Review by McGraw-Hill used by urologists to study for their Board Certification Examinations.

Graduate of New York Medical College with residencies completed at Metropolitan Hospital New York, Albany Medical Center and University of Wisconsin-Madison.

Thirlby Award of the American Urological Association. Rated as one the country's Best Urologists by the Independent Consumer's Research Institute