Dear Sir,

I am a patient of Externally enlarged prostate & being treated with Himaplasia & Veltam Plus,once in the morning & night respectively since last three years.
My urination frequency is 2/3times at night & I am comfortable.
I suspect some infection as having little buring sensation during Urination.
Would you mind to propose some equivalent antibiotics to combat,as earlier I was prescribed Doxy-100mg.for 21days.I request kindly response,as you did so far.
Thanks a lot.
with warm regards,

You could have an infection of the prostate or the urethra. In such cases, as like to give an antibiotic that we know.specifically works on that bacteria. This requires an examination and a urine sample test. Please contact your local physician for this.

Stephen W. Leslie, MD

Questions concerning erectile dysfunction, kidney stones and prostate disorders including prostate cancer. I have a special interest in kidney stone disease prevention.

Full time practicing urologist with 30 years experience. Associate Professor of Surgery and Chief of Urology at Creighton University Medical Center. Editor in Chief of eMedicine Urology internet textbook. Author of only NIH approved book written for patients by a urologist on the subject of kidney stones "The Kidney Stones Handbook". Inventor of the "Parachute" and "Escape" kidney stone baskets and the "Calculus" stone prevention analysis computer program.

American Urological Association, Ohio State Medical Association, Sexual Medicine Society

Men's Health, Journal of Urology, Urology, Healthwatch Magazine, Emergency Medicine Monthly, eMedicine, "The Kidney Stones Handbook", and numerous articles in various newspapers. He is also the editor of the Urology Board Review by McGraw-Hill used by urologists to study for their Board Certification Examinations.

Graduate of New York Medical College with residencies completed at Metropolitan Hospital New York, Albany Medical Center and University of Wisconsin-Madison.

Thirlby Award of the American Urological Association. Rated as one the country's Best Urologists by the Independent Consumer's Research Institute