Urology/infection

Question
I had utis a month ago.i have large prostate.took cycline for 5 days.now urine culture said 10000 colonies withnegative doc told mme to take another 10 days of doxycycline.what if that does not clear  enlarges prostate causing this.putting me on another antibiotic dangerousdoes enlarged prostate cause utis enterococcus.can it eventually be cured

Answer
Howard

Sometimes it takes.longer.than 10 days to fully get rid of an infection. The enlarged prostate could be why you got the I fiction in the first place.  Most utis are not that dangerous. Most infections and enlarged prostates can be treated and cured.

Urology

Stephen W. Leslie, MD