Urology/Pain and strange sensations during ejaculation

Question
I've been experiencing disturbing symptoms for several months now every time I ejaculate. I feel mild/moderate pain (in what feels like the inside of my shaft) combined with an unpleasant tightness also in my shaft that only occurs at ejaculation. It also feels like a vein is protruding or becoming enlarged at the moment of ejaculation on the left side of the shaft which is very unpleasant and something that I've never felt before. I can still experience some brief pleasure just prior to ejaculation and none of these odd sensations occur in those few seconds. However I used to feel pleasure continue through ejaculation and that now ends as soon as I ejaculate when these odd sensations occur. I finally saw a urologist and he said he thinks I have "high tone pelvic floor tension" and prescribed Rapaflo. My question is do the symptoms I'm describing sound like high tone pelvic floor tension, and if so could Rapaflo help with that? And can these issues possibly go away on their own or will they stay with me possibly permanently? I would greatly appreciate any answers, I've searched all over the internet for months now and can't find ANYTHING that describes the symptoms I'm experiencing.

Answer
Robert:

High pelvic floor tension is like a muscle cramp.  Rapaflo specifically relaxes muscles in the pelvis so it often helps.  This can appear very similar to prostatitis.  In these cases, hot sitz baths and sometimes physical therapy treatment can help.

In general, while the condition is treatable, it often recurs.  The symptoms may disappear on their own, but this will take much longer and there is no guarantee.

Urology

Stephen W. Leslie, MD