Urology/urethal stricture

Question
hello, im a 19 year old female. i had a urethal stricture about 8 months ago and i had a urethal dilation surgery, also my bladder can't store much urine so I'm  taking a medication called tolterodine . everyting was fine before and i was alright before it all started suddenly. so im wondering what could have caused all that ? and i want to know could masturbation be the cause of it ? like can it cause my urethra to narrow and my bladder to loose capacity? because i do it like 2-3 times a week. and i think masturbation is causing me these problems and i want to make sure . and I'm a vergin and never insert anything into my vagina or urethra. thank you

Answer
Sonia:

The cause of your problem is unclear from the available information, but it certainly isn't masturbation.  The most common causes are infections and instrumentation of the urethra leading to scarring.  Overactive bladder is a common problem and usually respondes well to medications like tolterodine.  The exact cause is not well understood when it is not clearly related to infection, neurological problems or caffeine excess.

Urology

Stephen W. Leslie, MD