Urology/urethal stricture

hello, im a 19 year old female. i had a urethal stricture about 8 months ago and i had a urethal dilation surgery, also my bladder can't store much urine so I'm  taking a medication called tolterodine . everyting was fine before and i was alright before it all started suddenly. so im wondering what could have caused all that ? and i want to know could masturbation be the cause of it ? like can it cause my urethra to narrow and my bladder to loose capacity? because i do it like 2-3 times a week. and i think masturbation is causing me these problems and i want to make sure . and I'm a vergin and never insert anything into my vagina or urethra. thank you

The cause of your problem is unclear from the available information, but it certainly isn't masturbation.  The most common causes are infections and instrumentation of the urethra leading to scarring.  Overactive bladder is a common problem and usually respondes well to medications like tolterodine.  The exact cause is not well understood when it is not clearly related to infection, neurological problems or caffeine excess.

Stephen W. Leslie, MD

Questions concerning erectile dysfunction, kidney stones and prostate disorders including prostate cancer. I have a special interest in kidney stone disease prevention.

Full time practicing urologist with 30 years experience. Associate Professor of Surgery and Chief of Urology at Creighton University Medical Center. Editor in Chief of eMedicine Urology internet textbook. Author of only NIH approved book written for patients by a urologist on the subject of kidney stones "The Kidney Stones Handbook". Inventor of the "Parachute" and "Escape" kidney stone baskets and the "Calculus" stone prevention analysis computer program.

American Urological Association, Ohio State Medical Association, Sexual Medicine Society

Men's Health, Journal of Urology, Urology, Healthwatch Magazine, Emergency Medicine Monthly, eMedicine, "The Kidney Stones Handbook", and numerous articles in various newspapers. He is also the editor of the Urology Board Review by McGraw-Hill used by urologists to study for their Board Certification Examinations.

Graduate of New York Medical College with residencies completed at Metropolitan Hospital New York, Albany Medical Center and University of Wisconsin-Madison.

Thirlby Award of the American Urological Association. Rated as one the country's Best Urologists by the Independent Consumer's Research Institute