Urology/Urology equipment

Question
Dear dr
My friend is a pead urologist working in a v underdevloped area.due to lack of equipment the children are deprived of the non invasive treatment they need.
Kindly let me know of an organisation that is interested in donating equipment for pead urology
Thanx

Answer
Nasreen:

I'm not aware of any particular organizations that would do what you want.

However, you can certainly ask for help.

Start with a "wish list" of equipment that would be most helpful.  You can get such a list and sizes from your friend.  It would also be helpful to know what facilities are available in this underdeveloped area to support the equipment such as what kind of electrical current.

Possible sources would include the American Urological Association, American Associate of Pediatric Urology, Society for Pediatric Urology, European Urological Association, Volunteers in Urology (ivumed.org)and similar organizations.  You should also contact the various device manufacturers directly.  They often take older equipment in trade that might still work well enough for your friend's use.  This would include Olympus, Storz, ACMI and Wolf.  Good luck.

Urology

Stephen W. Leslie, MD