Urology/Urology equipment

Dear dr
My friend is a pead urologist working in a v underdevloped area.due to lack of equipment the children are deprived of the non invasive treatment they need.
Kindly let me know of an organisation that is interested in donating equipment for pead urology

I'm not aware of any particular organizations that would do what you want.

However, you can certainly ask for help.

Start with a "wish list" of equipment that would be most helpful.  You can get such a list and sizes from your friend.  It would also be helpful to know what facilities are available in this underdeveloped area to support the equipment such as what kind of electrical current.

Possible sources would include the American Urological Association, American Associate of Pediatric Urology, Society for Pediatric Urology, European Urological Association, Volunteers in Urology ( similar organizations.  You should also contact the various device manufacturers directly.  They often take older equipment in trade that might still work well enough for your friend's use.  This would include Olympus, Storz, ACMI and Wolf.  Good luck.

Stephen W. Leslie, MD

Questions concerning erectile dysfunction, kidney stones and prostate disorders including prostate cancer. I have a special interest in kidney stone disease prevention.

Full time practicing urologist with 30 years experience. Associate Professor of Surgery and Chief of Urology at Creighton University Medical Center. Editor in Chief of eMedicine Urology internet textbook. Author of only NIH approved book written for patients by a urologist on the subject of kidney stones "The Kidney Stones Handbook". Inventor of the "Parachute" and "Escape" kidney stone baskets and the "Calculus" stone prevention analysis computer program.

American Urological Association, Ohio State Medical Association, Sexual Medicine Society

Men's Health, Journal of Urology, Urology, Healthwatch Magazine, Emergency Medicine Monthly, eMedicine, "The Kidney Stones Handbook", and numerous articles in various newspapers. He is also the editor of the Urology Board Review by McGraw-Hill used by urologists to study for their Board Certification Examinations.

Graduate of New York Medical College with residencies completed at Metropolitan Hospital New York, Albany Medical Center and University of Wisconsin-Madison.

Thirlby Award of the American Urological Association. Rated as one the country's Best Urologists by the Independent Consumer's Research Institute