Urology/venous leakk

I have this ongoing fear that I have a venous leak. I dont have regular morning wood and  I dont get spontaneous erections well if I do they arent full erections. I sometimes have difficulty maintaining an erection when I comes to sex. Is it possible that im just riddled with anxieties? The doctors ive been to think so.. would someone with a venous leak stay really hard after they ejaculate?  because i do and im starting to think that its really hard because im not thibking about it.

ANSWER: Devin:

From your description, it certainly sounds like an anxiety issue and not venous leak.  For example, you start by saying you have this fear of venous leak.  Next, you indicate that you sometimes have difficulty maintaining the erection.  If you had venous leak, you would ALWAYS have trouble maintaining the erection.  From your description, I surmise that you SOMETIMES have a good and full erection.  This completely rules out venous leak and suggests something variable as the cause of your trouble which is usually anxiety.

Someone with true venous leak would not have an erection at all at the time of ejaculation.

QUESTION: Well could it be mild? I used to hump my mattress a lot when I was a kid... could that have given me peyronies or venous? What about my lack of morning wood?

Well in medicine almost anything is possible but based on your description you do not have venous leak.

It is possible some damage was done in the past and you certainly could develop other problems in the future.

Lack of morning erections could be normal or indicate some other type of.damage to the erection process, but it is not likely to be venous leak type.

Stephen W. Leslie, MD

Questions concerning erectile dysfunction, kidney stones and prostate disorders including prostate cancer. I have a special interest in kidney stone disease prevention.

Full time practicing urologist with 30 years experience. Associate Professor of Surgery and Chief of Urology at Creighton University Medical Center. Editor in Chief of eMedicine Urology internet textbook. Author of only NIH approved book written for patients by a urologist on the subject of kidney stones "The Kidney Stones Handbook". Inventor of the "Parachute" and "Escape" kidney stone baskets and the "Calculus" stone prevention analysis computer program.

American Urological Association, Ohio State Medical Association, Sexual Medicine Society

Men's Health, Journal of Urology, Urology, Healthwatch Magazine, Emergency Medicine Monthly, eMedicine, "The Kidney Stones Handbook", and numerous articles in various newspapers. He is also the editor of the Urology Board Review by McGraw-Hill used by urologists to study for their Board Certification Examinations.

Graduate of New York Medical College with residencies completed at Metropolitan Hospital New York, Albany Medical Center and University of Wisconsin-Madison.

Thirlby Award of the American Urological Association. Rated as one the country's Best Urologists by the Independent Consumer's Research Institute