Urology/weight loss

Question
QUESTION: I pee a good amount every hour.in spit of drinking 8 glasses of water I still lose 3 ponds over nite.no infectionis this water weight or sign  of canceri think anxiety could also cause me to lose weight

ANSWER: Howard

Not enough information is.provided to give.any kind of.reliable answer but clearly you cannot lose 3 pounds a day without getting very thin in a .matter of days to weeks.  A few observations. The only way toose.that much weight so quickly is by loss of.body liquid such as excessive urone.production wbkcb is what hour question suggested. This can be due to various. Conditions such as diabetes and.other.hormonal problems. You need to discuss this with your.local physicians.

QUESTION: even with drinking 8 glassesof water I still lose wight.should I drink tomataoe juice or icrease my sodium by about 500 mg a day from urination every hour

ANSWER: Howard:

This question is outside my area of expertise.  I suggest you ask nephrology or internal medicine.

QUESTION: will urinating every hour from enlarged prostate cause damage to kidneys or bladder.im 82 and doctor wants to perform prostate surgery.what would be safest and most non-invasise prostate surgery at my ageare there ultrasound tests to avoid cystcopy

Answer
Howard

You have it backwards. Frequent urination is a sign of obstruction and may accompany bladder or kidney damage but does not cause it directly.

Most those of prostate surgery are safe even for 80 year olds.

No ultrasound or x-ray is capable of giving the kind of direct information and visualization that a cystoscopy can.

Urology

Stephen W. Leslie, MD