Urology/post-op varicocele embolization pain

Marc wrote at 2016-01-28 15:18:46
Thank you for your response. Much appreciated. I have booked an appointment with my urologist for next week. I will see what he says. I will inform you as to what he tells me.

I forgot to mention that the interventional radiologist made me undergo an ultrasound last week when he saw me as follow up and he said that the blood was flowing correctly and that the testicle and epididymis all looked fine. He said that the varicocele had shrunk from 5mm to 3.5mm after 9 days and that it was progressing fine. As for a possible infection, the testicle does not look swollen, nor do I have a fever or am I running a temperature, so I doubt that it is infected. He said that it's probably due to inflammation of the veins in my testicle. I noticed that since the procedure my left testicle has been hanging particularly low - which causes the pain when it moves around or brushes against my leg. I bought an athletic supporter the other day and so far, the testicle is held in place and doesn't hurt as much bc it's not moving around anymore. Do you know if the testicle will not hang as low once the varicocele has completely receded? Any ideas how long the this pain should stick around for? The dr said 3 weeks post surgery, and I will reach that date in 4 days, with what seems to be no signs of cessation of pain.

Urology

Stephen W. Leslie, MD