Urology/penile nerve damage

Question
I have had a problem for 2 years, of intermittent 'pinching' pain / numbness / sort of pins and needles sensation in the very tip of my penis, around the glans. Sometimes there is a dull aching sensation on the underside of the glans.
When most painful, there is a slightly raised spidery vein parallel to the glans on the right hand side. The pain generally increases a day after ejaculation.
2 events that happened in quick succession appear to have started it. First an intense burning sensation when masturbating (damage to nerve?) then a few weeks later a painful episode putting on a very tight fitting condom. 2 days later a small bump appeared next to the glans, and I have had problems ever since. It is causing me much distress.
Is this a combination of nerve and / or structural damage? Is there anything I can do to encourage the lealing process?

Answer
Steve:

The best thing to do is have it checked by your local physician.  He will look for plaques, scars and any evidence of herpes infection.  If nothing is found, then treatment is mostly waiting.  Sometimes we may recommend vitamin B-6 but it is unclear how much this helps. We do not generally have any specific agent or treatment to deal with nerve or sensation issues in the penis.

Urology

Stephen W. Leslie, MD