Urology/piapism

Question
I had a piapism that was high and my urologist told me the can put a implant in i was wondering about a pill a friend told me about that helps him with the same type of piapism. Can you tell me more about it please thank you jeremiah

Answer
Jeremiah:

It sounds like you had a priapism.  Usually after treatment for such a problem, pills don't usually work but it makes sense to give it a try before going in for an implant.

Another option to consider is an external vacuum device.  The benefit is you can avoid a surgery and it sometimes works reasonably well in these situations.  Talk to your urologist about this.

Urology

Stephen W. Leslie, MD