Urology/enlarged prostate.

Question
Dear Sir,

I am on drugs-Himplasia & Veltam plus,each once a day since last three years.

My urination frequency has reduced to half with same fluid intake.
Sir,may i request you after how much time of stopping these meds.I may go for PSA test to assess Exact PSA.
This is in view of knowing the status of enlargement/shrinkage in size,on such prolonged treatment.

Do you anticipate any issue,if stopped for a month,prior to PSA test.
Kindly respond.
with warm regards,
anil

Answer
Anil

Himplasia is an herbal product with no.proven value. Veltram contains tamsulosin and Dutastride which help prostate enlargement problems.

Do not stop the meds for a PSA test. It is nit necessary.  We just double the PSA level while on the medication for a "true" level.

Urology

Stephen W. Leslie, MD