Urology/enlarged prostate.

Dear Sir,

I am on drugs-Himplasia & Veltam plus,each once a day since last three years.

My urination frequency has reduced to half with same fluid intake.
Sir,may i request you after how much time of stopping these meds.I may go for PSA test to assess Exact PSA.
This is in view of knowing the status of enlargement/shrinkage in size,on such prolonged treatment.

Do you anticipate any issue,if stopped for a month,prior to PSA test.
Kindly respond.
with warm regards,

Himplasia is an herbal product with no.proven value. Veltram contains tamsulosin and Dutastride which help prostate enlargement problems.

Do not stop the meds for a PSA test. It is nit necessary.  We just double the PSA level while on the medication for a "true" level.

Stephen W. Leslie, MD

Questions concerning erectile dysfunction, kidney stones and prostate disorders including prostate cancer. I have a special interest in kidney stone disease prevention.

Full time practicing urologist with 30 years experience. Associate Professor of Surgery and Chief of Urology at Creighton University Medical Center. Editor in Chief of eMedicine Urology internet textbook. Author of only NIH approved book written for patients by a urologist on the subject of kidney stones "The Kidney Stones Handbook". Inventor of the "Parachute" and "Escape" kidney stone baskets and the "Calculus" stone prevention analysis computer program.

American Urological Association, Ohio State Medical Association, Sexual Medicine Society

Men's Health, Journal of Urology, Urology, Healthwatch Magazine, Emergency Medicine Monthly, eMedicine, "The Kidney Stones Handbook", and numerous articles in various newspapers. He is also the editor of the Urology Board Review by McGraw-Hill used by urologists to study for their Board Certification Examinations.

Graduate of New York Medical College with residencies completed at Metropolitan Hospital New York, Albany Medical Center and University of Wisconsin-Madison.

Thirlby Award of the American Urological Association. Rated as one the country's Best Urologists by the Independent Consumer's Research Institute