Urology/genito urinary tb

Hi sir,
I am suffering from frequent pee and low urine flow.
last year i went to the urologist
he did so many test like urine c/s and routine and cpe  all were normal then they did urine afb for 3 consecutive day it came postive  2 out of three  they said that i had bladder tb . then i had anti tb medicine for 9 months after had anti tb medicine my frequent pee was finished and urine flow high. then i left medicine after 9 months course again urine afb reports were negative ........
but after
 2 months later my symptoms were back. i went  to my urologist again he again suggest me for another urine afb but this time was also urine afb was positive they again suggest me for tb medicine for 1 year.

should i take same  medicine for 1 year?
how to get rid from bladder tb?

You should follow your local physician's advice.  TB of the urinary tract can be very difficult to get rid of as you now know.  We do not see this problem here in the US except in immigrants from other countries, so we have limited experience with it.

You can double check the advice by consulting a local infectious disease specialist.  These are physicians who specialize in difficult or complicated infections and yours seems to qualify now that it's failed first round treatment.

Usually in such cases, we check the kidneys and lungs for other signs of TB that might require additional therapy and cause a failure of the original treatment. Ask your physicians about this.

Stephen W. Leslie, MD

Questions concerning erectile dysfunction, kidney stones and prostate disorders including prostate cancer. I have a special interest in kidney stone disease prevention.

Full time practicing urologist with 30 years experience. Associate Professor of Surgery and Chief of Urology at Creighton University Medical Center. Editor in Chief of eMedicine Urology internet textbook. Author of only NIH approved book written for patients by a urologist on the subject of kidney stones "The Kidney Stones Handbook". Inventor of the "Parachute" and "Escape" kidney stone baskets and the "Calculus" stone prevention analysis computer program.

American Urological Association, Ohio State Medical Association, Sexual Medicine Society

Men's Health, Journal of Urology, Urology, Healthwatch Magazine, Emergency Medicine Monthly, eMedicine, "The Kidney Stones Handbook", and numerous articles in various newspapers. He is also the editor of the Urology Board Review by McGraw-Hill used by urologists to study for their Board Certification Examinations.

Graduate of New York Medical College with residencies completed at Metropolitan Hospital New York, Albany Medical Center and University of Wisconsin-Madison.

Thirlby Award of the American Urological Association. Rated as one the country's Best Urologists by the Independent Consumer's Research Institute