I had urine infection  3 times last year.i took doxycycline and it cleared it up.if I take dexycyc;ine 6 momths ago and use it for another infection will it still be effective.if you don't pee enough will you get pain in abdominal pain

Howard paragraph it's unusual for man to have so many infections without underlying prostate or bladder problems. They should be checked by a urologist to see why you're having so many infections so the underlying cause can be corrected. Antibiotics tend to lose effectiveness when used repeatedly because bacteria become resistant. I have two different antibiotic the next time you have an infection might be a good idea. Talk this over with your urologist.

Stephen W. Leslie, MD

Questions concerning erectile dysfunction, kidney stones and prostate disorders including prostate cancer. I have a special interest in kidney stone disease prevention.

Full time practicing urologist with 30 years experience. Associate Professor of Surgery and Chief of Urology at Creighton University Medical Center. Editor in Chief of eMedicine Urology internet textbook. Author of only NIH approved book written for patients by a urologist on the subject of kidney stones "The Kidney Stones Handbook". Inventor of the "Parachute" and "Escape" kidney stone baskets and the "Calculus" stone prevention analysis computer program.

American Urological Association, Ohio State Medical Association, Sexual Medicine Society

Men's Health, Journal of Urology, Urology, Healthwatch Magazine, Emergency Medicine Monthly, eMedicine, "The Kidney Stones Handbook", and numerous articles in various newspapers. He is also the editor of the Urology Board Review by McGraw-Hill used by urologists to study for their Board Certification Examinations.

Graduate of New York Medical College with residencies completed at Metropolitan Hospital New York, Albany Medical Center and University of Wisconsin-Madison.

Thirlby Award of the American Urological Association. Rated as one the country's Best Urologists by the Independent Consumer's Research Institute