Urology/ururine

Question
I had urine infection  3 times last year.i took doxycycline and it cleared it up.if I take dexycyc;ine 6 momths ago and use it for another infection will it still be effective.if you don't pee enough will you get pain in abdominal pain

Answer
Howard paragraph it's unusual for man to have so many infections without underlying prostate or bladder problems. They should be checked by a urologist to see why you're having so many infections so the underlying cause can be corrected. Antibiotics tend to lose effectiveness when used repeatedly because bacteria become resistant. I have two different antibiotic the next time you have an infection might be a good idea. Talk this over with your urologist.

Urology

Stephen W. Leslie, MD