Urology/Low testosterone

Question
Hi Dr. Leslie, thanks for taking my question. I have been diagnosed with low testosterone levels after 2 blood tests done 1 month apart. I am only 35yo and haven't been able to get morning stiffness or during sex. My doctor recommended androgel but warned that it will shrink my testicles and most likely can't have kids. And there's a chance it's lifetime treatment resulting in greater risk of cancer. My doc doesn't think Viagra will help given my lab results.

What is your take on androgel?

Thanks

Answer
Chris

Androgen is an excellent and safe supplement when used correctly. It will reduce sperm counthe and may  cause testicle shrinkage. If your low testosterone is causing bothersome symptoms, take the treatment at least on a trial basis. If the only problem is ED, try Viagea first as it might work.

Urology

Stephen W. Leslie, MD