Urology/rine infection

Question
QUESTION: with frequent utis infections will doxycycline cure infection caused by enteroccous

ANSWER: Howard:

Doxycycline is often effective for enterococcus, but if there is a recurrent source, focus or other urinary problem like bladder emptying issues due to prostate enlargement, no antibiotic will permanently cure the infections.  The proper treatment is to eliminate the underlying contributing factors as well.

QUESTION: I have taken z-pack  for pneymonia macrobid for uninary and am now on doxycycline for urine infection.if doxycycline.arethe bacteria getting resistant.whats next macroboyd longterm or hospital.i urinate every hour and don't see hoe I only have small amount of urine left in my bladder

ANSWER: Howard

These are good questions for your urologist.

Frequency can be treated with medication if your urinary flow is decent. If not, then prostate medication may also be needed or possibly surgery.

Unable to determine resistance from the available info.  Hospitalization is rarely done for infections unless quite serious like sepsis.

QUESTION: dr leslie,last week after a month of testicle pain I went to   to my urologist.he examined my testicles and said I had a cyst.he did not say wheather cyst was inside my testicle.he said no testicular cancer but ordered testiclat ultrasound.think hhe is looking for testicular cancer.im 83

Answer
Howard

Testicular cancer would be exceedingly rare in your age group. A cystic would be the most likely cause of persistent pain. Ultrasond is the best imaging modality for this.  A cystic causing pain would most likely be in the epididymis which is part of the testicle.  

Urology

Stephen W. Leslie, MD