dr leslie I have enlarged prostate and keep getting urinary infections.could be because I don't fully empty my bladder.last infectiob macrobid cleared it up.im worried that antibiotics can stop working and long term antibiotics will give me  c-diff.do people with repeated infections of urinary track go to hospital and eventually die

You keep asking me the same questions over and over. The response is going to be the same.

If your prostate is not functioning normally, you will likely continue to get infections. Most people with repeat infections from prostate enlargement that do not respond to meds alone jltimately get prostate surgery. Severe urinary infections can be serious, but most infections are not particularly dangerous.

Stephen W. Leslie, MD

Questions concerning erectile dysfunction, kidney stones and prostate disorders including prostate cancer. I have a special interest in kidney stone disease prevention.

Full time practicing urologist with 30 years experience. Associate Professor of Surgery and Chief of Urology at Creighton University Medical Center. Editor in Chief of eMedicine Urology internet textbook. Author of only NIH approved book written for patients by a urologist on the subject of kidney stones "The Kidney Stones Handbook". Inventor of the "Parachute" and "Escape" kidney stone baskets and the "Calculus" stone prevention analysis computer program.

American Urological Association, Ohio State Medical Association, Sexual Medicine Society

Men's Health, Journal of Urology, Urology, Healthwatch Magazine, Emergency Medicine Monthly, eMedicine, "The Kidney Stones Handbook", and numerous articles in various newspapers. He is also the editor of the Urology Board Review by McGraw-Hill used by urologists to study for their Board Certification Examinations.

Graduate of New York Medical College with residencies completed at Metropolitan Hospital New York, Albany Medical Center and University of Wisconsin-Madison.

Thirlby Award of the American Urological Association. Rated as one the country's Best Urologists by the Independent Consumer's Research Institute