Urology/Not being able to fully void

Hello Dr. Leslie,
I have been having difficulty voiding. I always find that a little bit of using always dribbles out no matter how hard I tried to void. I have undergone to cystocopies and prostate has been checked and prostatitis ruled out a few times. There's no urethral stricture either.
Due to excessive masturbation, I believe I  may have a damaged bulbospongiosus. Is it possible to damage this muscle? If so,  what are the treatment options? Thanks,

A little bit of post void dribbling is very common. It can be treated by pressing your fingers from the base of the scrotum forward towards the penis. This will force out the small amount of urine that tends to collect.

If there are other difficulties voiding such as a weak stream, they can be treated. Usually, there is either some type of blockage or a weakened bladder.

There is no such Medical condition ad over masturbation. It is not generally posSibley to damage the bulbospongiosus muscle the way you describe.

Stephen W. Leslie, MD

Questions concerning erectile dysfunction, kidney stones and prostate disorders including prostate cancer. I have a special interest in kidney stone disease prevention.

Full time practicing urologist with 30 years experience. Associate Professor of Surgery and Chief of Urology at Creighton University Medical Center. Editor in Chief of eMedicine Urology internet textbook. Author of only NIH approved book written for patients by a urologist on the subject of kidney stones "The Kidney Stones Handbook". Inventor of the "Parachute" and "Escape" kidney stone baskets and the "Calculus" stone prevention analysis computer program.

American Urological Association, Ohio State Medical Association, Sexual Medicine Society

Men's Health, Journal of Urology, Urology, Healthwatch Magazine, Emergency Medicine Monthly, eMedicine, "The Kidney Stones Handbook", and numerous articles in various newspapers. He is also the editor of the Urology Board Review by McGraw-Hill used by urologists to study for their Board Certification Examinations.

Graduate of New York Medical College with residencies completed at Metropolitan Hospital New York, Albany Medical Center and University of Wisconsin-Madison.

Thirlby Award of the American Urological Association. Rated as one the country's Best Urologists by the Independent Consumer's Research Institute