Urology/Red spot of penis

Red spot
Red spot  
Hello everyone, I have what looks like a red spot on the shaft of my penis but on the edge with the wrinkles. I've been tested for stds including herpes and have came back negative on everything and I'm not suffering from any abnormal symptoms like none stop itching, burning sensation, penis discharge, and etc. it's not a bump but it just concerns me. When I stretch it out to take a closer look it looks like it's over some of the veins/capillaries that run through the penis and it disappears when I have an erection. Anyone have an idea of what it is? I don't have multiple spots of this only just one

We are not permitted to make individual diagnoses on this forum. It is also dangerous to try to do so as original impressions on pictures if skin problems are often incorrect. The experts are the dermatologists, but you can start with your local physicuan.

Stephen W. Leslie, MD

Questions concerning erectile dysfunction, kidney stones and prostate disorders including prostate cancer. I have a special interest in kidney stone disease prevention.

Full time practicing urologist with 30 years experience. Associate Professor of Surgery and Chief of Urology at Creighton University Medical Center. Editor in Chief of eMedicine Urology internet textbook. Author of only NIH approved book written for patients by a urologist on the subject of kidney stones "The Kidney Stones Handbook". Inventor of the "Parachute" and "Escape" kidney stone baskets and the "Calculus" stone prevention analysis computer program.

American Urological Association, Ohio State Medical Association, Sexual Medicine Society

Men's Health, Journal of Urology, Urology, Healthwatch Magazine, Emergency Medicine Monthly, eMedicine, "The Kidney Stones Handbook", and numerous articles in various newspapers. He is also the editor of the Urology Board Review by McGraw-Hill used by urologists to study for their Board Certification Examinations.

Graduate of New York Medical College with residencies completed at Metropolitan Hospital New York, Albany Medical Center and University of Wisconsin-Madison.

Thirlby Award of the American Urological Association. Rated as one the country's Best Urologists by the Independent Consumer's Research Institute