Urology/repeated pus cells of 10-15:

Question
Sir,

Greetings from India. I am 31 years old, male. I am getting repeated high pus cells of 10-15 hpf in my semen test . I have done semen culture& sensitivity  test thrice. Everytime the doctor gives me some antibiotics for 2 weeks or so and it gets cured. It has been thrice now. Again it has re-occured. Kindly let me know what all tests to be done. Is repeated high pus cells a danger?

Today when i visited the infertility specialist for my wife treatment she told me to go for a follow up with an urologist. Kindly let me know if repeated pus cells is dangerous.

Answer
Manu

It's more troublesome than dangerous. Either the wrong antibiotics were used or they were not given long enough.

Repeating the same treatment that has been unsuccessful should indicate that a change is needed. Consider getting a second opinion.

Urology

Stephen W. Leslie, MD