Urology/Is this a venous leak?

Ive been suffering erectile dysfunction on and pff sonce my first encounter when I was 16 (im 25 now). Well Ive read online about venous leak and its scaring me, I have most of the symptoms. I went to a urologist and he doesn't think I need the test. I almost never have morning erections and when I do they arent full and sometimes during sex I lose my erection.. Am I just too worried?? Is venous leak rare?

You may or may not have venous lesk. In truth, it makes little difference since there is no cure for most ED disorders. But there us treatment including pills, shots, vacuum systems and implants. Find a treatment that works for you and for not worry about whether it's cause is venous leak or something else.

Stephen W. Leslie, MD

Questions concerning erectile dysfunction, kidney stones and prostate disorders including prostate cancer. I have a special interest in kidney stone disease prevention.

Full time practicing urologist with 30 years experience. Associate Professor of Surgery and Chief of Urology at Creighton University Medical Center. Editor in Chief of eMedicine Urology internet textbook. Author of only NIH approved book written for patients by a urologist on the subject of kidney stones "The Kidney Stones Handbook". Inventor of the "Parachute" and "Escape" kidney stone baskets and the "Calculus" stone prevention analysis computer program.

American Urological Association, Ohio State Medical Association, Sexual Medicine Society

Men's Health, Journal of Urology, Urology, Healthwatch Magazine, Emergency Medicine Monthly, eMedicine, "The Kidney Stones Handbook", and numerous articles in various newspapers. He is also the editor of the Urology Board Review by McGraw-Hill used by urologists to study for their Board Certification Examinations.

Graduate of New York Medical College with residencies completed at Metropolitan Hospital New York, Albany Medical Center and University of Wisconsin-Madison.

Thirlby Award of the American Urological Association. Rated as one the country's Best Urologists by the Independent Consumer's Research Institute