Urology/Help

Question
Greetings Dr. Leslie,

I am scheduled to be married in the fall. I am marrying my childhood school sweetheart and to top it all, we have been saving ourselves for our wedding night. As a normal guy in my mod 20s, sometimes the urge for sex is strong. I didn't want to be unfaithful so I satisfied my urges with masturbation. I have been doing that since I was 13. I don't use lotions or oils just masturbation with my hand by rubbing my cocktail in a tight grip usually over my briefs. Anyway, one night I was extremely overwhelmed, I had already done the deed twice that day. I started to masturbate for a third time. It was taking a long time to ejaculateejaculate but I persisted. And right after ejaculation I felt a strong pain. My penis was in severe pain and hurt to touch for days. My scrotum. Started feeling heavy and it hurt. I went to the doctor and an ultrasound was done and it looks like there's fluid in the scrotum. Doctor said hydrocele but didn't see if its just fluid or blood. Also, since this incident I have developed a bit of a Web on the right side of thr penis and scrotum. The area that is stimulated. It has been working months of no masturbation. Thr Web hasn't gone away and the scrotum is still full. My wedding is coming up in the fall so not sure what I should do? It's not fair to my fiancÚ that I did this, if there's permanent damage, I can't marry her. Have you come. Across this? Is this something one can recover from? How long do these things take to heal? Also, is there a way to know if the fluid is blood or not?  I am. Anxious and depressed, I have literally single handedly ruined the happiest time of my life. I love this girl and I can't wait to marry her,  I just want her to have the guy she has been with for so many years.  Please help.

Answer
Cameron:

The first thing you should do is stop the panic.  It is unclear what damage you actually did.  It is usually quite simple to differentiate a hydrocele (sac full of fluid) from blood (hematocele) which is quite rare.  You should consult a local urology specialist to get some detailed answers.  There is no need to be anxious and depressed; OK, maybe a little anxious but it is almost certainly not going to ruin your future.

Urology

Stephen W. Leslie, MD