Urology/Cysticytis

Question
My sister is suffering from recurrent symptoms of  urinary track infection even after giving Monurol(Fosfomycine) and other medications.
My question is there is a term Interstitial Cystoscopy which cannot be diagnoised by normal urine test/culture.
How to detect Interstitial Cystoscopy and whether it can be cured?
Please help.

Answer
Kalyan

Interstitial cystitis is an inflammatory condition of the bladder characterized by urinary frequency, urgency and pain. There is no bacterial infection. There is no specific test that verifies or diagnoses this condition and there us no simple cure. Treatment can be difficult and usually involves special diets, and several medications designed to relax the bladder and help restore the protective mucus layer that is list in this condition. She should consult a urology specialist.

Urology

Stephen W. Leslie, MD