Hi sir wanted to know is water also digested like food.once while treating stones was told by doctor to drink plenty of water and walk fast so water is digested. Don't sit idle at home .this left me pondering whether water too is digested.? On one occasion was prescribed cialisis.want to know how often or till how many days should I take it or leave it.or should I take it when on occasions sex is required.and when should I stop it.and third is it possible to treat ureter stones via shockwave.fourth in urology are there medicines to bring falling sex desire in a person .as second opinion seeking your advice thank you.

Water is not digested, just absorbed. Walking fast will not increase absorption and may slow it down as blood goes to the legs instead of the GI tract.

Cialis should be taken as prescribed. It can be taken as needed or everyday depending on the situation check with your physician to determine what is best in your case.

Urethral stones can be treated with either shock wave Lithotripsy or ureteroscopy.

Reduced sex drive is most often due to depression or low testosterone.  

Stephen W. Leslie, MD

Questions concerning erectile dysfunction, kidney stones and prostate disorders including prostate cancer. I have a special interest in kidney stone disease prevention.

Full time practicing urologist with 30 years experience. Associate Professor of Surgery and Chief of Urology at Creighton University Medical Center. Editor in Chief of eMedicine Urology internet textbook. Author of only NIH approved book written for patients by a urologist on the subject of kidney stones "The Kidney Stones Handbook". Inventor of the "Parachute" and "Escape" kidney stone baskets and the "Calculus" stone prevention analysis computer program.

American Urological Association, Ohio State Medical Association, Sexual Medicine Society

Men's Health, Journal of Urology, Urology, Healthwatch Magazine, Emergency Medicine Monthly, eMedicine, "The Kidney Stones Handbook", and numerous articles in various newspapers. He is also the editor of the Urology Board Review by McGraw-Hill used by urologists to study for their Board Certification Examinations.

Graduate of New York Medical College with residencies completed at Metropolitan Hospital New York, Albany Medical Center and University of Wisconsin-Madison.

Thirlby Award of the American Urological Association. Rated as one the country's Best Urologists by the Independent Consumer's Research Institute