Urology/kidney stone

sir i have been diagnosed with right renal calclus noted in mid pole calyx measring 6x5mm.right mild hydrouteronephrosis.(? mid ureteric calculus).my doctor has advised me to take zamocin 200 ,urimax 0.4 ,noculi syp for a week and go for a second scan.I just want to know yor opinion..

The syrup is not used here as it has never been adequately tested for efficacy. The other treatments are reasonable. If no symptoms,we often give stones tome to pass. You may need surgery such as Lithotripsy on the stone in the kidney. Talk to your local urologist.

Stephen W. Leslie, MD

Questions concerning erectile dysfunction, kidney stones and prostate disorders including prostate cancer. I have a special interest in kidney stone disease prevention.

Full time practicing urologist with 30 years experience. Associate Professor of Surgery and Chief of Urology at Creighton University Medical Center. Editor in Chief of eMedicine Urology internet textbook. Author of only NIH approved book written for patients by a urologist on the subject of kidney stones "The Kidney Stones Handbook". Inventor of the "Parachute" and "Escape" kidney stone baskets and the "Calculus" stone prevention analysis computer program.

American Urological Association, Ohio State Medical Association, Sexual Medicine Society

Men's Health, Journal of Urology, Urology, Healthwatch Magazine, Emergency Medicine Monthly, eMedicine, "The Kidney Stones Handbook", and numerous articles in various newspapers. He is also the editor of the Urology Board Review by McGraw-Hill used by urologists to study for their Board Certification Examinations.

Graduate of New York Medical College with residencies completed at Metropolitan Hospital New York, Albany Medical Center and University of Wisconsin-Madison.

Thirlby Award of the American Urological Association. Rated as one the country's Best Urologists by the Independent Consumer's Research Institute