Urology/right ureter stone

Question
sir starting  i had a pain in abdomen since one month.
i was consult a doctor he suggest me to take a ultra sound test and reports said that a 9mm calculus seen in the right kidney ureter
and later i was consult an urologist
he is writed some tests. serum report,blood,urine,IVP scan. after all test he said ther is blockage of  the right ureter by stone, drain will not come into bladder due to this swelling of kidney'
and operation can be removal stone with stent
but i have no pain at that time and after  i went  for second opinion for another doctor and he giving  some medicines (cystone,NOCULI syrup,hycomaxi tab,Tamfil tab ) and said come after 15 days
i was taking these medicines since 10 days
but the problem is i have a pain in lower back side and motion is not normal  it is like a paste and incidently got  a pain in abdomen
i need your suggestion
i will go for a surgery or still continuing medicines
and is  swelling of kidney is increased while taking above medicines ?

Answer
Kiran

A 9 mm stone is not likely to pass on its own and usually requires surgery.

Cystone is an herbal product that supposedly helps prevent stones. This effect is not scientifically verified.

I cannot identify hycomaxi.

Noculi syrup is a combination of mag and potassium Citrate. Potassium Citrate may have some benefit in stone disease, but mag Citrate is for constipation.

Tamfil is tamsulosin which can help some stones pass. This is not very effective for 9 mm stones in the upper ureter as yours is reported to be.

My advice is to have the surgery due to the apparent large size of your stone and your continuing symptoms.

Urology

Stephen W. Leslie, MD