Urology/Urine leakage?

Question
Hello doc
I am 38 years and married and have 4 children all
C-section,last one is 1 year old,after her birth I have
Notice that after I have frequent intercourse  ,I am unable to
Stop my urine ,I went to gyne doc ,she chked my pelvic and did
Test all were absolutely fine and recommended me to the urologist
Plz help me

Answer
Kiransamma:

Gynecologist are not the top experts in bladder or urinary issues which is why you were sent to a urologist. Telling me that "tests" were all negative also does not help since I cannot tell what tests were actually done.

There are basically 2 types of leakage: urgency and stress. Urgency means the bladder contracts when it should not. This usually is controlled with medication. Stress type leakage is more common after childbirth and is characterized by leakage after straining or coughing. It is due to stretching or relaxation of the support to the bladder. Sling type procedures are the most successful treatment for this type of leakage event. I am sure the urologist will sort this out for you.

Try to get copies of your records and all the tess you've already had from your Gyn and take it all with you when you see the urologist.

Urology

Stephen W. Leslie, MD