Urology/Urine leakage?

Hello doc
I am 38 years and married and have 4 children all
C-section,last one is 1 year old,after her birth I have
Notice that after I have frequent intercourse  ,I am unable to
Stop my urine ,I went to gyne doc ,she chked my pelvic and did
Test all were absolutely fine and recommended me to the urologist
Plz help me

Gynecologist are not the top experts in bladder or urinary issues which is why you were sent to a urologist. Telling me that "tests" were all negative also does not help since I cannot tell what tests were actually done.

There are basically 2 types of leakage: urgency and stress. Urgency means the bladder contracts when it should not. This usually is controlled with medication. Stress type leakage is more common after childbirth and is characterized by leakage after straining or coughing. It is due to stretching or relaxation of the support to the bladder. Sling type procedures are the most successful treatment for this type of leakage event. I am sure the urologist will sort this out for you.

Try to get copies of your records and all the tess you've already had from your Gyn and take it all with you when you see the urologist.

Stephen W. Leslie, MD

Questions concerning erectile dysfunction, kidney stones and prostate disorders including prostate cancer. I have a special interest in kidney stone disease prevention.

Full time practicing urologist with 30 years experience. Associate Professor of Surgery and Chief of Urology at Creighton University Medical Center. Editor in Chief of eMedicine Urology internet textbook. Author of only NIH approved book written for patients by a urologist on the subject of kidney stones "The Kidney Stones Handbook". Inventor of the "Parachute" and "Escape" kidney stone baskets and the "Calculus" stone prevention analysis computer program.

American Urological Association, Ohio State Medical Association, Sexual Medicine Society

Men's Health, Journal of Urology, Urology, Healthwatch Magazine, Emergency Medicine Monthly, eMedicine, "The Kidney Stones Handbook", and numerous articles in various newspapers. He is also the editor of the Urology Board Review by McGraw-Hill used by urologists to study for their Board Certification Examinations.

Graduate of New York Medical College with residencies completed at Metropolitan Hospital New York, Albany Medical Center and University of Wisconsin-Madison.

Thirlby Award of the American Urological Association. Rated as one the country's Best Urologists by the Independent Consumer's Research Institute