hi sir does  masters of sexual medicine diplomas make or add any difference to a newbie sexologist or urologist to treat erection problems .or does it dont make any diference for a doctor who ttreats sexxual problems? well in the mean time let me discuss some issues of mine for which this vacation went to my hepatologist ,who gave some tests like pcr quantative load ,at the same time went to a dermalogist venorolist who has interest in sexual problems ,i consulted him ,he gave serum testosterone test after i discussed my matter of hepatitis b problem and the relevant tests ,after hearing my problem he said lets see what the other doc says .some days after i provided the result to hepatologist to goes throu all results and says there is some load and it is positive ,then he cancels virof and prescribes entacavir for one year ,after this i go to the determatologist as said about him earlier ,provide the results .he says every thing is fine testosterone is also normal ,then i tell him do something about my sexual disfunction ,he says liver is more important than this ,i was shocked as this brought a standstill in my sex life ,because i thought earlier he will prescribe some medicines and i will enjoy my sex like a teenager again ,but i am devastated .  during that time i happened to see ad of a consultant sexologist in alternative medicine who cliamed he does not prescribe until tests by a new machine are done ,which diagnoses and treats ,i was asked to pay chargges of 10000 rs ,despite the charge of huge amount not willing to but was going to do it in the hope that it will end my erection problems ,without any allopathy medicines ,as per the doctor as i am a hepatitis patient ,the moment the magnetic resonance tests were finished the doctor whispering to his asistant .what is wrong ?as i am told to sit outside and called again and revealed the problem ,says i dont undestand why but diagnosis is 'your brain is not providing any signal to the penis 'after this shocking diagnosis i was prescribed american non alopathy medicines .megamen after break fast and l argenine in the evening .for one month and come back ,i request  your kind  opinion ,and wonder ,wasnt icheated with those meganatic tests for some bucks ! kindly any opinion and advice i appreciate ,i thank you very much.

There is no benefit to most of these extra titles in the USA although there are associations for those who do more of this work. I cannot comment on the value of these certificates in other countries.

Beyond a testosterone level, it is unclear what these other tests you had have to do with ED.  The idea that the penis is not getting nerve signals is possible, but this does not limit treatment and is not measured by MRI.

I would suggest you find a qualified urologist or use a university Medical Center for better advice and treatment.  

Stephen W. Leslie, MD

Questions concerning erectile dysfunction, kidney stones and prostate disorders including prostate cancer. I have a special interest in kidney stone disease prevention.

Full time practicing urologist with 30 years experience. Associate Professor of Surgery and Chief of Urology at Creighton University Medical Center. Editor in Chief of eMedicine Urology internet textbook. Author of only NIH approved book written for patients by a urologist on the subject of kidney stones "The Kidney Stones Handbook". Inventor of the "Parachute" and "Escape" kidney stone baskets and the "Calculus" stone prevention analysis computer program.

American Urological Association, Ohio State Medical Association, Sexual Medicine Society

Men's Health, Journal of Urology, Urology, Healthwatch Magazine, Emergency Medicine Monthly, eMedicine, "The Kidney Stones Handbook", and numerous articles in various newspapers. He is also the editor of the Urology Board Review by McGraw-Hill used by urologists to study for their Board Certification Examinations.

Graduate of New York Medical College with residencies completed at Metropolitan Hospital New York, Albany Medical Center and University of Wisconsin-Madison.

Thirlby Award of the American Urological Association. Rated as one the country's Best Urologists by the Independent Consumer's Research Institute