Urology/kidney stones

Question
I'm a 65 yr old male and prone to kidney stones. I started drinking lots more water all day; 2-3 liters (I only weigh 120lb).
But because I have an enlarged prostate, I try not to drink much at all after 6pm so that I'm not going to the bathroom more than I already do, about 3 times. Is going without water between 6pm and when I get up in the morning going to cause stones to form? Thanks

Answer
Lee

The quick answer is yes. You are at risk anytime your urine production is reduced. BPH can be treated better, perhaps sufficiently to allow more normal urination.

Consider a 24 hour urine collection for stone prevention testing and prophylactic therapy.

Urology

Stephen W. Leslie, MD