Urology/Swollen Frenulum after Circumcision

Its been a week since i got circumcised and im worried that my frenulum is a bit too swollen from the rest of the penis. It doesn't hurt but it looks triangular plus a bubble sort of skin has formed just above the frenulum under the head of the penis. I am afraid it won't go away. If not what should i do.Am i too worried or is this normal because the bubble like skin which looks like a clotted blood seems too wierd around the frenulum. Thanks in advance and also is there any way i can cure it myself coz i dont want to go for another surgery.

Not much you can do, but this usually resolves over time. Check with your surgeon. Sometimes we will recommend an elastic wrap to help minimize swelling. If ut does not resolve, the your only choice may be a corrective forgery but that would only rarely necessary.

Stephen W. Leslie, MD

Questions concerning erectile dysfunction, kidney stones and prostate disorders including prostate cancer. I have a special interest in kidney stone disease prevention.

Full time practicing urologist with 30 years experience. Associate Professor of Surgery and Chief of Urology at Creighton University Medical Center. Editor in Chief of eMedicine Urology internet textbook. Author of only NIH approved book written for patients by a urologist on the subject of kidney stones "The Kidney Stones Handbook". Inventor of the "Parachute" and "Escape" kidney stone baskets and the "Calculus" stone prevention analysis computer program.

American Urological Association, Ohio State Medical Association, Sexual Medicine Society

Men's Health, Journal of Urology, Urology, Healthwatch Magazine, Emergency Medicine Monthly, eMedicine, "The Kidney Stones Handbook", and numerous articles in various newspapers. He is also the editor of the Urology Board Review by McGraw-Hill used by urologists to study for their Board Certification Examinations.

Graduate of New York Medical College with residencies completed at Metropolitan Hospital New York, Albany Medical Center and University of Wisconsin-Madison.

Thirlby Award of the American Urological Association. Rated as one the country's Best Urologists by the Independent Consumer's Research Institute